Since 1884, AOAC INTERNATIONAL has ensured the ability of analytical scientists to have confidence in their results through the adoption of methods as AOAC®Official MethodsSM. The Official Methods of Analysis of AOAC INTERNATIONAL is an international source of methods, in which scientists worldwide contribute their expertise to standards development, method development, and the systematic evaluation and review of methods. It is the most comprehensive collection of chemical and microbiological methods available in the world, and many methods within the compendium have notation indicating their adoption as harmonized international reference methods by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), the International Dairy Federation (IDF), the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC), and the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
New Material in 20th Edition (2016)
- 59 Methods adopted as First Action
- 22 Methods adopted as Final Action
- 47 Standard Method Performance Requirements (SMPRs®) developed and approved by AOAC stakeholder panels
- 12 Methods with major modification
- 6 Methods repealed
- 1 Appendix (International Stakeholder Panel on Alternative Methods (ISPAM) Guidelines for Validation of Qualitative Binary Chemistry Methods)